What is Blended Learning?
Blended Learning is defined (by Wikipedia) as "mixing of different learning environments." In this day and age, most effective
learning programs have at least some element of Blended Learning. [Read More]
Why Blended Learning?
The purpose of Blended Learning is to provide excellent learning results, while keeping costs down. And this
usually means reducing the amount of classroom time with a live instructor. Live instruction is the most expensive kind of
learning delivery, especially if you factor in attendee travel time and staff being away from the office. If you can
reduce instructor-led training time, and still get excellent results, everybody wins.
How does Sector use Blended Learning?
At Sector, we can design a variety of Blended Learning programs for you, and we also have several
built-in mechanisms that make every course a Blended Learning course:
- We offer free instructor-led online classes to give overview and introductory information on
SharePoint, Live Meeting, Office and other topics, prior to taking a course.
- Instructor-led courses are supported by free "Ask-An-Instructor" webinars.
- Our "Ask-An-Instructor" forum is an online resource where questions can be asked, and answered.
- Our standard classroom courses include the "eLearning Add-on" option where the learner can
have access to an library of pertinent eLearning topics for 1 year.
- We have the ability to pre-assess and post-assess skills before and after classroom training.
Need More Information?
We are strong proponents of Blended Learning in all its myriad styles. Please let us know what your needs are,
and what your budget allows and we will do our best to design the right blended program for you.